In this brief discussion, Chalcedon president, Mark Rushdoony, defines the meaning of Christian Reconstruction as well as it's goals and aspirations. So many conspiracy theories abound in regards to dominionism, theonomy, and Christian Reconstruction, and that has a great deal to do with the fact that the meaning has been misconstrued by the numerous advocates claiming to speak for it. Since the modern expression of the reconstructionist ideas began with R. J. Rushdoony and Chalcedon, we feel it is our responsibility to clarify the meaning and the mission.
- Christian Reconstruction is a worldview not an agenda.
- Christian Reconstruction helps the Christian to relate their faith to their culture.
- We are witnessing the failure of humanistic culture.
- Christian Reconstruction seeks to rebuild failing ideas by basing them on the revealed will of God in Scripture.
- Christian Reconstruction begins with ourselves and works progressively outward to life and culture.
- Christian Reconstruction is simply faithfulness to God in every area of life and thought.
Share this video today and tell someone else about the great worldview resources here at Chalcedon.edu